Challenge yourself or create a team with your family and friends to accomplish virtually running the distance across New York. Select the 114 mile challenge to complete the distance from Binghamton to Rochester or the 330 mile challenge to complete the distance across New York east to west.
Here’s how it works:
1. For Individuals start by getting registered. Teams start by coming up with a fun team name. The first team member to register creates a team during the registration process. After the team has been created, each team member can join the team during their individual registration process.
2. Once registered, pick a day and start the challenge to complete the distance across Illinois where you want and when you want, keeping track of your miles each day using our completion tracker. Individuals in the 114 mile challenge have 40 days to complete the challenge, individuals in the 330 mile challenge have 60 days to complete the challenge, and teams have 30 days to complete either challenge. If you are completing the challenge as a team, your team’s cumulative distance counts toward the challenge (Ex: Jill runs 162 miles, Jack runs 20 miles (slacker), and Bill runs 148 miles to complete the 330 mile east-to-west challenge).
3. Once you or your team has completed the 114 or 330 mile challenge, submit your results to get your finisher certificate and you’ll have earned bragging rights to say you or your team conquered the #GreatRunAcrossNewYork.
4. Once you have registered, your shirt will be shipped to you right away. Once you complete the challenge, your medal will be shipped to you.
1) Sign up for the virtual run and choose which distance (5K, 10K or Half Marathon) you would like to complete.
2) Receive your event gear in the mail. It will be shipped to the address you sign up with. If you register by May 3rd, you will receive your gear by Mother’s Day.
3) Choose your own route in your neighborhood, favorite park, or any safe location and run/walk/jog the distance to complete the virtual run on May 10th.
4) Post your result! Click the results tab below to learn how.